3oak creates handcrafted furniture, wood art and adjacent products with uncompromised quality using techniques that have stood the test of time for thousands of years. We are a small company that intends to stay small but highly profitable, building one-of-a-kind products for people that appreciate uniquely designed handcrafted items. The wood used to craft these pieces is sourced and milled by 3oak directly from the beautiful forests of North Carolina where Maple, Walnut, Oak and other beautiful species grow in abundance.
We are craftsmen pursuing art in everything we do.
The Sr. Artisan (SA) is accountable for partnering with product designers to create products for the 3oak product line and 3oak clients who request us to do custom work. The SA will collaborate with product designers to translate designs into engineering specifications that result in the creation of heirloom quality products. The SA should have a minimum of 2 years experience and be proficient in all aspects of woodworking including but not limited to wood selection, layout, joinery selection, joinery, glue up, sanding and finishing. Additionally the SA should be skilled at using hand tools such as hand planes, hand saws, spokeshaves, scrapers, rasps and chisels. The SA will also help in estimating projects and making sure projects are completed on time, on budget with high quality.
- Proper wood selection.
- Build to design specifications.
- Provide thoughtful alternatives to designs.
- Solid problem solving skills;
- Proficient in machine and hand tools.
- Proficient in finishing techniques (primarily oil/wax)
- Self starter who thrives working in a creative and high enegy environment.
- Team player that enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Passionate about working with wood.
- Strong cultural fit and a team player.
- Proficient in furniture building concepts (e.g. terminology).
- Proficient in hand tool application and usage (e.g. Saws, Chisels, Handplanes, Spokeshaves, Rasps).
- Proficient in machining tools and applications (e.g. jointer, planer, tablesaw, drill press).
- Solid understanding of doing layouts based on design specifications.
*Negotiable based on background and skill level.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit 3oak to apply in person.
222 S. Broad Street
Brevard NC 28712